Send workflow into error from background method

Becker, Stephan stephan_becker.ext at siemens.com
Tue Oct 28 03:15:18 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I need to send a workflow into error from within a background method in case
a direct table update fails. How do I do this most elegantly? Will a simple
"rollback work." do the trick?

I tried the process control "Cancel Workflow", which sets the workflow to
"logically deleted" and should, believing the documentation in the workflow
builder, send the main workflow into error, but the latter stays in status
"Started", which gives me a bit of a headache, as it would be such a nice
feature to stop the main workflow for manual rework in case of grave system
errors like update failures etc. which need to be corrected manually in any
case..

Thanks,
Regards,
Stephan