Various questions about WF events

Kouw, FA - SPLTX fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Tue Oct 28 06:00:22 EST 2003

Gilles,

An answer to your question: 'if I need to use an event that is neither one which is
provided with the standard Business Object nor a user or system status
change, what do I have to do':

If standard SAP does not raise an event that you can use you can do the following:

Create a custom event in your business object (you can create a custom business object that is a subtype of the
original (the super type), create the event in the sub type), be sure to set delegation between the object
types. Next raise the event from:

- a change document
- output control
- from a report f.i. with FM SWE_EVENT_CREATE

Regards,

Fred Kouw

GOURLET Gilles wrote:

> Hi all,
> First of many thanks to John and Stephan for the hint regarding
> authorization seeking (pgm RSUSR070).
>
> I have various questions about WF events : as far as I understood, you can
> only raise WF through provided business object events plus some extensions
> you can make in defining status value changes.
> E.g, my "custom" event is : the user status value of my business object
> switch from 'A' to 'B'.
> Am I right ?
> So my question is : if I need to use an event that is neither one which is
> provided with the standard Business Object nor a user or system status
> change, what do I have to do ?
> Thanks in advance,
> Gilles.
>
> _________________________________________________________________________________________
> This inbound message from KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN IV-Scan, powered by MessageLabs.
> For further information visit: http://www.veiliginternet.nl
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.