Linking Siebel Workflow to SAP Workflow

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Mon Oct 27 09:10:46 EST 2003

Hi Robert,

Method of integration will depend on how WfMC compliant Siebel is these days .... options would be:

> WF-XML integration if Siebel now supports this standard
> BAPIs etc. to create the necessary object in SAP and then trigger a workflow from this
> WAPIs etc. to trigger an event in SAP passing paramaters to an event container.
> Create a Web based workflow running in SAP and then write some interfaces to link out to Siebel

Someone like Alan may also be able to fill us in on new options such as using BPM which is a new workflow-type offering in NetWeaver / SAP XI which is less tied to the SAP applications and designed for cross-application processes ... have a look in service.sap.com in the NetWeaver section for more information

Regards,

Mark

SAP UK