Displaying Scanned Invoices through Portal ?

Swam_in swam_in at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 00:42:56 EDT 2003

Hello Cristina,

We have similar but a differing situation. For example our process involves
Creating Park documents at first ( FIPP.Created ).
The Invoices can then be printed at this time with Barcode ( Barcode should
be activated ) and sent to an External content server ( Filenet ) via fax or
scan. This action stores the image in the Filenet and sends back the updated
information back to SAP by updating some of the archivelink tables ( Barcode
should be active for this compatibility between Filenet and SAP ). This also
triggers a event called Barcode -> Assigned within SAP alongwith Filenet ID
information. We use this
information to be sent to approver via workflow. As you said Portal does not
provide opening up a second window. But we use fmodule 'Call Browser' with
http links to Filenet content server.( Our Filenet content server has HTTP
protocol and we use the latest Java viewer to view the image.). You can also
call this fmodule in 'Before execution' method to automatically open it for
you..
When the document is posted, SAP automatically moves all this archivelink
information to main tables like TOA01. This way, you can still go to the
Posted document and access the image via Services -> Services for object ->
Attachment list ( even from Portal )

Regards
Swami Bala