LIV - Method to release invoice in background

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Oct 14 07:29:57 EDT 2003

Sorry about not replying before, but you have received a lot of input from
others. It looks like you want to do something similar to what we wanted
here, although the blocking reason is different (we blocked due to missing
purchase order).

As has been mentioned - if you can remove the block reason everything will
work fine. However, if you can't remove the reason you have to release it
manually and in foreground. The program does not work in the background for
manual releases, not even if you try to use batch input to select all
entries and execute the release. I spent quite a bit of time trying to
solve this, but in the end the business decided to forget the LIV invoices
and just perform a release of the FI document (where SAP has a working
workflow which releases the document in the background). So now we have
thousands of cases where the LIV invoice is blocked while the corresponding
FI document is unblocked. Some day we will have to start archiving, and we
don't know if this will cause any problems then.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Cristiana D'Agosto"
                    <cristiana.dagosto at au        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    1.ibm.com>                   cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP Workflow        Subject:     Re: LIV - Method to release invoice in background
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA
                    .MIT.EDU>

                    09.10.2003 04:31
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Thanks for clarifying that.

It seems that what I want to do is different from what you are doing; I
want the report to run but with radio button 'Release automatically'
switched on, in the background, within my workflow.

Regards

Cristiana

John Soden <John.Soden at newmont.com.au>
Sent by: SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
09/10/2003 11:33 AM
Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group"