RSWUWFML - with attachment to launch user's SAP inbox

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Wed Nov 26 19:33:22 EST 2003

The file cmd is not the intended use of SAPGUI shortcutz.

As an attachment with no logon details. Just the object/tcode to be launched.
The user is the prompted for logon.

SAPGUI Shortcutz already support the piggy back on SSO2 ticket when used
in the portal environment. You "just" need to generate the shortcut properly.

A version of RSWUWFML that can do this is expected soon.
(Cue Alan....)

For more details on SSO and Shortcutz see the Security papers on the Portals website
at SAP.

I don't recommend people send shortcutz externally.
(Mail firewall should remove them on outgoing mail) .

If people are supposed to logon with a the WN32 gui to SAP from outside the extranet,
then perhaps this ok.  But I would look to have this start as an open document command
not as an explicit file://cmd.exe

WebGUI is more common is such scenarios. But if you must send the shortcut externally,
and use WN32 gui, then if the user has a gui, surely his PC should recognise the shortcut
as it does .doc or .pdf
Surely the short cut can be opened in the same manner a pdf ?
Perhaps I misunderstood something here but I don't see why it is
necessary to use a URL instead of an attachment.
 Is it necessary to use a URL ?

I feel uncomfortable with URL that commences file://cmd.exe

regards
Phil

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant - Business Technologies
Professional Services
SAP Australia
Level 1, 168 Walker Street, North Sydney 2060, Australia.
M   +61 412 213 079
E   phil.soady at sap.com