TS00008031 Standard task would not create WI automatically, except throu SWUS

Amy C Yu sapcaamy at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:17:24 EST 2003

Here s more info about my problem, I hope someone can help me, I am
desperate :(  :(

I need to use the standard task 8031 to trigger WI for inbound idoc input
error for message type SDPICK, but the event is not triggered. I can create
the WI using SWUE or SWUS with no problem.

This is what I have done:
In OOCU, I have activated TS 00008031 WE IDOCSDPICKINPUTERROROCCURRED and TS
20000051  WE IDOCAPPL  INPUTERROROCCURRED.  TS 20000051  IDOCAPPL is the
supertype of TS 00008031 IDOCSDPICK.

In PFTC_CHG, I have changed the status of task group 20000011 and 20000010
to implement.  20000011 contains the task group 20000010; 20000010 contains
the standard task 8031, which has status implement too.  I have assigned
 job  to 20000011, I am the agent for the job.
However, TS20000051 does not have any agent assignment.

In SWE2 and SWE3, I have activated IDOCSDPICK s INPUTERROROCCURRED and
INPUTFINISHED;  and IDOCAPPL s INPUTERROROCCURRED, INPUTFINISHED,
ERRORPROCESSCOMPLETD.  However, IDOCSDPICK s IDOCSDPICK_IN_START and
IDOCSDPICK_IN_END are deactivated.

In SWU0 event simulation, object type=IDOCSDPICK, event= inputErrorOccurred,
it showed that there are 2 object types IDOCAPPL and IDOCSDPICK, and 2
tasks: TS 8031 and TS20000051, both showed no errors after I activated them
and removed a check function module from IDOCAPPL inputerroroccurred.

In SWU3, the customizing is complete for the  Workflow runtime system  Only.
  Since we are not using the  WF development environment , so no prefix
numbers for standard object types and custom tasks.

In WE46 global parm, I turned on the Synchronous Processing.
I turned on the event trace SWELS and workflow trace SWU8.

I used WE19 to create my error inbound SDPICK idoc, after the idoc with
error is created with status 51 (application error).

SBWP does not show any WI in my inbox.

So I used SWUE to  create event  using Object type=IDOCSDPICK,
event=inputErrorOccurred and my newly created idoc, the returned status
showed  Event created   at least one receiver found
Then in my inbox, the work item showed up, when I drill down on it, it
showed 2 error messages:
- I051(W8) 1 errors occurred in binding assignment to EXCEPTION
- W139(W8)   Element EXCEPTION not in source container
It seemed that something is missing and did not create the event.

SWEL showed the 2 receiver types TS 8031 and TS20000051 are OK with no error
SWU9 showed trace information only at the time when I use SWUE to create
event, but not when I use WE19 to create the error idoc. The WF trace showed
ConBindErrors for the above I051(W8) and W139(W8) errors:
ContBindErrors
    I051(W8) 1 errors occurred in binding assignment to APPLICATION_VARIABLE
           W139(W8) Element APPLICATION_VARIABLE not in source container
    I051(W8) 1 errors occurred in binding assignment to EXCEPTION
           W139(W8) Element EXCEPTION not in source container
    I051(W8) 1 errors occurred in binding assignment to MESSAGEID
           W139(W8) Element MESSAGED not in source container
    And the same I051 and W139 errors for MESSAGENUMBER, MESSAGETYPE,
MESSAGEVARIABLE1, MESSAGEVARIABLE2, MESSAGEVARIABLE3 and MESSAGEVARIABLE4.

Questions:
1. Why doesn t the system create the WI automatically when the inbound idoc
failed with status 51?  The SDPICK inputerroroccurred event is not
triggering the task TS8031.

2. In SBWP, when the user selects the WI and drills down to the Idoc with
status 51 (application not post due to data error), there is no  change
icon that allows the user to modify the erroneous fields in the idoc
segments before reprocessing the WI. How can I activate the  change  mode of
the Idoc? In the 4.6C release  CA210 class chapter 8 Workflow and IDoc
exercise, it indicated that the IDoc display screen can be changed to
 change  mode to allow modification to the data record segment.

3. What s the difference between status  Release  and  Implement  in
PFTC_CHG?

4. Is it OK to remove the check function module from IDOCAPPL
inputerroroccurred?  It was giving me error in the SWU0 complaining about
 result depending on a check function module .  Since TS 20000051  IDOCAPPL
is the supertype of TS 00008031 IDOCSDPICK, do I have to activate it too?

5. Is it true that we can only activate  triggering event  and  terminating
event  of standard task in the configuration client (client-independent)?
In other client-dependent clients, I got  not modifiable  error.

Thanks in advance.
Amy