RSWUWFML job

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Nov 24 06:20:04 EST 2003

Hi,
Likewise, one mod I've done at a client was a 'max agents' parameter - if
that's exceeded the notification goes to the WF admin instead.

Back to the original problem - these can be fiendish to trace. Best I can
do is to suggest looking at all relevant tasks created in the time betwee=
the two runs and see if any have 'no agent' warnings - failing that you
may need to manually check all the rules. If you know the 'usual' agents
you may even spot an unusual agent who has executed it, which is sometime=
a clue....

Cheers
Mike

Kjetil Kilhavn wrote:
> We have written our own notification program (for various reasons), and=
 we
> only send notifications to users who are US or P agents of the work ite=
> (don't ask....) - BUT now I will finally get to the point: since the
> notification report is now being improved, perhaps we could get the
> additional feature that (optionally) workitems with no agent restrictio=
ns
> are skipped.
>
> How likely is it that a workitem is really supposed to be sent to every
> user when we know that only one user can execute it (disregarding repla=
ce
> etc)? Not very likely I would say. Therefore this new feature could be =
an
> additional "security check" in the workflow system to avoid errors in
> workflow causing irrelevant notifications.
> --
> Kjetil Kilhavn
>

>                     Michael Pokraka
>                     <workflow at quirky.me.        To:
> SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>                     uk>                         cc:     (bcc: Kjetil
> Kilhavn)
>                     Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: RSWUWF=
ML
> job
>                     Workflow
>                     <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
>                     A.MIT.EDU>
>

>                     21.11.2003 11:36
>                     Please respond to
>                     "SAP Workflow Users'
>                     Group"
>

> Just to add to David's response - a common scenario is a general task
> whose agent determination results in nothing, causing all users to rece=
ive
> the task.
> Cheers
> Mike
>
> Somewhere in the mists of time Trant, David wrote:
>> Your variant attachment did not come through.  Are these work items
>> being
>> sent to multiple agents?  If one agent processes such a work item, the
>> item is removed from the other agents' R/3 inboxes, but there is no wa=
>> withdraw the notification from the Outlook inbox.

Of