Wokr Item Delivery Strategy - Outlook

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Sun Nov 16 23:16:50 EST 2003

G'day all,

In 'The Book' it says that one of the Inboxes supported by SAP's WebFlow
engine is the Microsoft Outlook; it also says that 'but the individual
tasks may need to be customized ot fit this environment, and this will
require additional development work'. What sort of additional development
is required and why? Is it Java type of development?

How can Microsoft Outlook be implemented as the Inbox? Is it using MAPI (I
know that SAP will not be supporting this very soon) ?

I am often asked if work items can be executed from the Outlook or Lotus
and I am always a bit scared of answering because of my lack of knowldge
on the subject. Is there any other way of making the Outlook/Lotus Notes
be the Inbox or this solution will always imply the usage of MAPI?

Many thanks and regards

Cristiana