How to find origin of events ?

Bertrand, Scott scott.bertrand at sap.com
Thu Nov 13 08:44:52 EST 2003

Hi Gilles,

I was told that there is no way to know, other than through the WF =
scenario documentation (if it exists) or being familiar with the =
application.  (This is because there is no direct connection from the =
application code to the WF code.) =20

In the past, I have searched through the application code for =
'Workflow' or 'SWE_EVENT_CREATE' to find out where an event is =
triggered - and hopefully find out what controls it.  I have also =
debugged through the code. It can get rather tedious.

Many applications are providing IMG access to the event setup.  This =
would be a good place to check, if you are on a current release.

Hope this helps,

Scott Bertrand
Senior Consultant
Global Professional Services Organization
SAP NetWeaver Practice Unit
SAP America, Inc.

3999 Westchester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073