SAPScript Attachment in background

tom.olaf tom.olaf at spring.no
Thu Nov 13 08:31:25 EST 2003

Hi.

For sending an invoice as an attachment to mail, you don't necessarily need to
create a special workflow. I have seen this handled (with SAP script) via
standard output determination where you can use eMail as the medium as well as
print, fax and EDI. There is some config to be done in the relevant
application and masterdata with eMail address must be in place. Also, as
mentioned earlier, conversion and allowed filetypes for outgoing mail in SCOT
must be configured.

Regards
Tom

<SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU> =====
>Ahmet,
>
>The smartform functionality will send the OTF email for you, so you do not
have to attach it. You do have to tap into it by creating a method that calls
the smartform function modules so the trick is to provide the right input for
the standard and generated SM function modules.

>This sounds a bit easier then it is as you have to create sender- and
receiver objects as well, but it does allow you to use the power of the
smartforms functionality to generate very professionally looking and very
maintainable workflow generated correspondence; including logo's, pictures,
tables, extensive situation-sensitive text and any piece of data stored in the
SAP system.