Standard task to create notification

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Nov 12 00:04:54 EST 2003

Maorriyan,
Unfortunately, the approach you describe would only result in assigning a rule to find agents who would send the mail - not agents who would receive the mail.

Mails are sent in background - this is not just a workflow thing it is a SAPOffice/mail thing - so it doesn't make sense to assign a rule directly to any task that sends mail.

The correct approach is to use a standard send mail task BUT in a PREVIOUS step evaluate the rule using
a method calling function module RH_GET_ACTORS.

Please read the archives if you want some sample code. This topic has been covered many many many many many times before.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book