De-activating workflows in runtime environment

Kouw, FA - SPLTX fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Tue Nov 11 08:31:45 EST 2003

Abby,

There is a way to deactivate and activate a single workflow event linkage on production without doing a transport. I use it the same way you describe (when loading materials in a 4.6C system):

   * to deactivate an event linkage: display a workflow template and select tab 'Triggering events', next click the green ball to deactivate the linkage (if I remember correctly this an officially supported feature)
   * to activate the event linkage: display a workflow template, goto the workflow builder from tab 'Basic data', next choose 'goto - basic data'. On tab 'Start' you can activate the linkage by clicking in the row in colum 'Active' on the symbol (if I remember correctly this not an officially supported feature, but some sort of bug)

Regards,

Fred Kouw

David Yung wrote:

> Abby, my solution to this problem, at least what we are doing here at my project is to have the workflow customizing incomplete.  In transaction SWU3, if the Workflow RFC Destination is not configured completely, no workflow is going to run.
>
> This way, you can leave all your event linkages activated, during conversion, no workflow will be triggered.  When Conversion is done, you configure the system to run workflows (SWU3, etc.) and you're good to go.
>
> Regards
>
> David Yung
>
> "Dywan, Abby" <adywan at clarkstonconsulting.com> wrote:
> Hi workflow experts -
>
> Is there a transaction where a user can activate / de-activate a workflow event linkage in a production environment? My issue comes from the fact that several of our workflows are based upon master data creation - and we don't want the workflows to trigger for the conversion loads during cutover. We can always send up transports to de-activate the workflows, perform the load, and then send up another transport to re-activate the workflow - but it seems like an awful lot of transporting. And we can't just not setup the workflow runtime system due to the fact that workflows will need to be running for other modules at that time.
>
> If anybody has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks so much!
> Abby
>
> Abby Dywan
>
> ---------------------------------
> !Navega y ayuda a los chicos!.
> En noviembre, Yahoo! dona un plato de comida por cada usuario que se conecte a Internet con Yahoo! Conexisn.
> Conectate ya aqum.
>
> _________________________________________________________________________________________
> This inbound message from KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN IV-Scan, powered by MessageLabs.
> For further information visit: http://www.veiliginternet.nl
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.