Amodal Secondary Metods with extra SAP screen

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Tue Nov 11 01:07:27 EST 2003

Hi all,

I am having some difficulty with secondary methods when using
Image.Display and Image.WindowClose

We are in 4.6c, using IXOS and READSOFT.

The process is as follows: FI document is scanned and parked; Fipp.Created
triggers the workflow; workflow has a Wait step for the image; Image is
assigned and event is published; workflow then continues; image is
instantiated (System.GenericInstantiate); user decision is sent to user.

I have defined Image as a container element of my workflow (FippImage) and
as soon as the image is assigned I create an instance of the image (using
System.GenericInstantiate)

I have defined a secondary method as follows:
Before: FippImage   Display
After: FippImage  WindowClose

My expectation was that when the user executed the work item the scanned
image would be displayed. At the moment, the user executes the work item
and the image is not displayed. If the user selects any of the options the
image is displayed and then disapears. I would think that the Image would
be displayed when the user executed the work item (double click) as the
image will help him/her to decide which button to press.

In the Objects and Attachments area both the Parked Invoice and the Image
are availabe; if I click in the Image attachment, it does display without
a problem.

Any ideas on what I might be missing? I haven't looked at the suggested
OSS notes yet, but I will do it now! Just wondering if I am missing
anything else!

Many thanks and regards

Cristiana

======
Hi Eivind,

We experienced similar issues on our 4.6C system.  The extra screen was
a SAP easy access screen.  The SAP note that cleared up this problem was
216048.  We also experienced problems in the images that would display
when IMAGE.DISPLAY was used as a secondary method.  I would recommend
that you test very carefully to ensure that the correct image is
displayed each time IMAGE.DISPLAY is used.  We ended up installing SAP
Notes 208649, 316812, 451925, 337704 on our system to clear up cache
issues for this process.

Regards,
John

==
Hi Eivind.

I have also experienced this in several scenarios with secondary methods
(4.6C), and it makes sence that an amodal call will generate a new
session. In
several cases I have used the secondary method Image.display as a before
method instead of an amodal method. The only negative effect is that it is
not
always intuitiv that the actual main task is "hidden" till you select that
session.  If possible for the viewer, I have used Image.Windowclose as an
after method for closing the image.

Depending on your archive system and viewer application, the way SAP
behaves
varies. If you f.ex use SAPs content server with InternetExplorer as
viewer,
the way SAP behaves is customized with transaction OAG1.

Regards
Tom
==
Hi Eivind,

Try to use Methods Before work item executin for displaying a scanned
image. This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Ernest
===
Hi Fred,

Well,
the exstra screen is not the screen that we show the scanned image in,
this
is done in a separat viewer (not SAP). The extra screen I ref. to  is a
"Blank" SAP screen which pops up without anything in it. So accually there
is three screen where there only should have been two.

Regards Eivind
===
Hi,

We also use a secondary method that starts an amodal dialog. I assume the
'extra' SAP screen you refer to is the
screen in which the scanned invoice is displayed (next to the 'normal'
screen started by executing the work
item). When you close the 'normal' screen the 'extra' screen is also
closed, otherwise this is NOT the case (as
far as I know).

Regards,

Fred Kouw
===
Hi,

I'm using an amodal secondary method to show a scanned image, when the
agent is displaying an invoice in FI. This works fine but every time the
scanned image is displayed an extra SAP screen is also displayed. This
screen have to be closed separatly.

Have anyone of you experiensed the same problem and have you found a
solution for this?

Best regards Eivind