De-activating workflows in runtime environment

David Yung davideyung at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 10 19:41:45 EST 2003

Abby, my solution to this problem, at least what we are doing here at my project is to have the workflow customizing incomplete.  In transaction SWU3, if the Workflow RFC Destination is not configured completely, no workflow is going to run.

This way, you can leave all your event linkages activated, during conversion, no workflow will be triggered.  When Conversion is done, you configure the system to run workflows (SWU3, etc.) and you're good to go.

Regards

David Yung

"Dywan, Abby" <adywan at clarkstonconsulting.com> wrote:
Hi workflow experts -

Is there a transaction where a user can activate / de-activate a workflow event linkage in a production environment? My issue comes from the fact that several of our workflows are based upon master data creation - and we don't want the workflows to trigger for the conversion loads during cutover. We can always send up transports to de-activate the workflows, perform the load, and then send up another transport to re-activate the workflow - but it seems like an awful lot of transporting. And we can't just not setup the workflow runtime system due to the fact that workflows will need to be running for other modules at that time.

If anybody has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!
Abby

Abby Dywan