How to restrict workflow launches ?

Kouw, FA - SPLTX fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Tue Nov 4 10:40:05 EST 2003

Hi Gilles,

This can be done by implementing a start condition (tx SWB_COND). In the business object 'PM notification' you
need an attribute that holds the notification type. In the start condition you refer to that attribute and only
start the workflow if type is x, y or z. If the attribute is not already implemented you need to create a new
attribute (and if applicable a sub type for the business object and set up delegation).

If the start condition logic is too complex a check function can be assigned to the event linkage.

Regards,

Fred Kouw

GOURLET Gilles wrote:

> Dear all,
> I need your help to find a way to avoid launching PM notifications workflow
> whatever the type of the notification is.
> I mean I only want new workflows to be launched for certain types of
> notifications.
> eg: PM Notification - type M1, M2 and M3 -> Workflow ; other types -> No.
> Thanks in advance,
> Gilles.
>
> _________________________________________________________________________________________
> This inbound message from KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN IV-Scan, powered by MessageLabs.
> For further information visit: http://www.veiliginternet.nl
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.