Publishing event when error log is written

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Mon May 26 18:57:32 EDT 2003

Hello all,

still trying to trigger a workflow...We are in 4.6c.

Do you know if there is a way to publish an event / start a workflow when=20
an error log is written?

If a time confirmation is entered against a work order that is linked to a =

WBS element (via the additional data screen) and the calculated actual=20
costs of the time confirmation exceed the budget amount for the object an=20
error is produced.  The person entering the time confirmation (tx code=20
IW41) is able to exit out of the error log screen and is able to save the=20
confirmation.=20
Whilst the confirmation has been saved the actual costs are not reflected=20
in the work order's actual cost data nor are they represented in any of=20
the control reports available for the project.
The problem does not affect orders that have a reference to a WBS element=20
in their settlement rule.  However an error is generated and saved in an=20
error log at the time of settlement (table AFRC - Incorrect Cost=20
Calculation from Confirmation).
It is a business and functional requirement for employees to be able to=20
book their time to work orders.  It is not appropriate that the processing =

of time confirmations be aborted as a result of the actual costs exceeding =

the available budget.
I need for a workflow to be triggered when such an error occurs i.e.=20
trigger a workflow when error BP 603 happens.
The standard SAP delivered system publishes AFVC=5FPM PARTIALLYCONFIRMED=20
regardless if there was an error or not. I suppose I could trigger a=20
workflow whenever AFVC=5FPM is published and have a FM checking if the=20
workflow should start or not...(a bit ugly, isn't it?).
The error log can also be seen by running transaction code COFC.
For Order Category 'Network', SAP provides the option of triggering a=20
workflow on the scenario that I described above by switching on a flag in=20
SPRO (Project Systems > Workflow > Configure Standard Tasks for Workflow=20
in the Project Systems. Unfortunately, for Order Category 'Maintenance=20
Order', such option does not exist (SPRO > Plant Maintenance and Customer=20
Service > Maintenance and Service Processing > Completion Confirmation >=20
Define Control Parameters for Completion Confirmations).
If else fails i.e. none of you can suggest anything better!, I am thinking =

of writing a program that will check table AFRC for errors and=20
SWE=5FCREATE=5FEVENT if applicable?=20
Any ideas or suggestions are very welcomed!!
Thanks and regards

Cristiana