Release status of tasks

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Fri May 23 06:16:49 EDT 2003

There applications that DO use this information,
eg start workflow for object SWUI . GOS, etc ? .

It also a way of saying that the TASK or WORKFLOW is free to be used
by a 3rd party.  IE AN SAP task that is NOT released, Could theoretically
be changed in an incompatible way in a future release. It is not released
for free use externally.
If it is released, the next status is obsolete ! In compatible
changes should be in the release NOTE for version.
Just how religiously this is followed is the big question.

In reality not much attention is paid to this flag. By some SAP workflow
developers included. SO it has become a little "documentation only"
However, the rules exist and may become more adhered to overtime.
So beware...

You will also find the difference behind implemented and released affects
your ability to transport you objects. No round the other way.
IF you have a local object Release is not possible from memory.

So sometimes not defined behaves as released and other times not.
Fortunately not defined is never(rarely?) interpreted to mean IMPLEMENTED.

does that help ?
Cheers

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant