Substitution

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Wed May 21 01:49:29 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Perhaps you can shed some light on this for me.

1. John has set up Paul as a substitute for his Inbox. This means that
when Paul displays his inbox he can see another entry (in the tree-view
on the left) for John's Inbox. However, it doesn't seem that all of
John's work items are displayed in Paul's Inbox. It seems that only
items that Paul is a possible agent are displayed. Actually, now that I
write it, it does make sense as the substitute should still be a
'possible agent' of the item.

OK. Is there another way? What I want to achieve is to give Paul access
to ALL of John's item regardless of user assignment.  If we set up auto
forwarding on John's Inbox will that allow Paul to see his items even
though he is not a possible agent? Or is this rule strictly enforced
regardless of the type of substitution?

Oh one more thing, I noticed that when creating an 'office' substitution
no entry is created in hrus_d2. Should I simply update this table
manually? Again, will this solve my 'possible agent' issue.

Regards,

Alon Raskin
3i Consulting Group
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com
w: http://www.3i-consulting.com
Connect Workflow to Outlook/Lotus Notes in 2 minutes - Desktop Workplace