Workitem requested start

Balasubramaniam, Swaminathan SBalasubramaniam at medrad.com
Tue May 20 11:17:03 EDT 2003

Thomsz,
No Offense.
We have a Service notification workflow with inbuilt escalation logic.
We have our field reps receive a page from SAP every ten minutes when a
customer
calls and lodges a request for Service. In case of Emergency, it is set as
10 minutes.
In case of PM calls(medium), it is set as 2 hrs. We handle this via the
priority field on the notif.

Also during every cycle, along with the page to the rep, the task will also
send an email and has
a escalation logic inbuilt. It will inform the initiator the first three
times and then
escalate to initiator and zone members and finally will escalate all the way
the Customer Service top officials.

This entire thing will continue until the Service Notification is put in
Process which means the
rep has contacted the customer.
We have implemented this for increasing our customer response time.
I guess, I could have used a wait statement in the task. Only thing is the
log would
not tell me it is waiting. So I used the deadline.

>From all your responses, I understood some of the missing links in my
knowledge resource.

Hope this sheds some light on the forest.

Thanks for your help
Swami