WF-XML via 46c/ITS 6.1 patch 20

Michel Laviolette michel_laviolette at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 09:49:54 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I'm struggling with a problem which I'm sure someone out there can identify
with. My basic requirement is to remotely (i.e. from an HTML web form) lauch
a WF passing in container element values. My research led me to WF-XML.
Sounds like a perfect fit to my requirements...

I've gone through the online help and the Practical Workflow for SAP book.
I've found pretty good steps detailing the config for WebAS... but I'm still
unclear on the steps for an ITS setup. My understanding is that the
WF_HANDLER service takes care of it all? Does anyone have a simple HTML form
I can use as an example. I've tried the one in the online help... but with
no success.

Here's what I've done so far...
- Created a WF and defined 1 Import container element (I opted for the KISS
approach :) )
- Made the task a general task & activated
- Created an HTML page (<- I would like to confirm the syntax of this
page...)
- Posted to the WF_HANDLER service

I get an HTML error message "XML document must have a top level element".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Michel