How was a workitem executed?

Ulrich Mende wug at mende-edv-beratung.de
Mon May 19 07:08:01 EDT 2003

Hello workflowers,

in several release workflows our customers uses a so called "quick
release".
If they execute a release workitem by doubleclicking on it, no dialog
comes up,
but a direct update of the tables is carried out.
On the other hand, when executing a workitem via the execute button, the
standard release

dialog with its dynpro comes up.

In the releases 3.1 -4.5 we realised that looking at the field SY-UCOMM.
The release method looked like this

BEGIN_METHOD RELEASE CHANGING CONTAINER.

  IF SY-UCOMM = 'PICK'.
    " UPDATE ....
  ELSE.
    "  CALL TRANSACTION ...
  ENDIF.

END_METHOD.

This worked very fine even in combination with mass execution.
Now, using release 4.6 with the ALV-Worklist, this does not work any
more.
The field SY-UCOMM is empty.

Does any one of you know, how I can determine in a method which way a
workitem was executed?

Best regards

Uli Mende