Workflows starting for deleted objects

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon May 19 07:02:28 EDT 2003

Hi all,
Another question to ponder:

Users often create deliveries and delete them straight afterwards (I'm too scared to ask why - but I assume it's when they mess things up and want to start again).
Now, we have workflows that start after a LIKP.CREATED event, using the event queue. The Queue introduces a delay, and hence we have workflows which fail straight away (object doesn't exist). Adding a task based on LIKP.EXISTENCECHECK also fails, it appears to be that it falls over when instantiating the object in order to check it's existence... (duh!).

Any ideas would be welcome...
Thank
Mike