Sending an email externally and waiting for a reply

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue May 13 01:17:53 EDT 2003

Ronen,
There's a little known but standard workflow facility for this - the email query
from a work item. It's mentioned in the Practical Workflow book - you might want to look into it.
If you use the "Send mail" option from a work item then the work item waits for a reply.

If you are talking about an email that is sent automatically then I suggest you look at
the EBP approach for offline email - receipt of the mail and continuation of the workflow
is done by program RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL.  The rest of the details are in the EBP Library help.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book