Role Resolution Error

Panthaki, Dadi Dadi_Panthaki at sony.ca
Thu May 8 09:12:55 EDT 2003

Folks,

We have modified the Travel Expense Approval template # WS20000040. The =
trigger for start of the workflow is BUS2089 Created.

The very first step in the workflow is a Decision Step, to either =
approve or reject the expense report. In this step the Agent is =
determined by Role 00000168 Manager(US).

The workflow works fine as long as the Manager of the employee is active =
in our HR org structure.=20

We have cases where a manager position is vacant, as the employee has =
left the company. In these cases when an employee of a manager, who is =
no longer occupying this position, submits an expense report the =
workflow errors out with a message "Role could not be resolved: agent =
not determined".

Is there any way in which I can get the workflow to go to the Manager's =
Manager? (Manager's Manager position is not vacant)

How Can I deal with this situation so that the workflow does not error =
out?

Also how can I restart the workflow and direct it to the manager's =
Manager?

Thanks=20

Dadi