Differnces in Workflow between 4.6B and 4.6C

Jim Sauceman sauceman at tennessee.edu
Thu May 8 08:10:32 EDT 2003

Robert,

I am not sure if these fall in the category of "important differences",
but here are some things I've noticed:

1. A new Object Services toolbar is available within transactions from
which one can perform actions such as checking the Workflow overview,
view/create attachments, etc.

2. Lots of improvements in the Workflow Builder graphical editor. I
won't list them here, but you can refer to the BC-BMT-WFM SAP Business
Workflow section of the 46C Release Notes for specifics.

3. Workflows can be defined as "Ad Hoc Workflows". This enables you to
vary task calling or determine the recipients of work items at runtime.

4. More Workflow templates and business objects. You can now park
invoice documents and route them through Workflow for approval (business
object BUS2081 - Incoming Invoice).

I am sure there are more, but I've really just started working with 46C.
Thus far, I would agree that there aren't any huge differences. However,
I believe # 3 above might turn out to be an important enhancement for
us. We do not use our Org Structure for Workflow routing, but instead
look at the attributes of a document or transaction and route it
accordingly. I am hoping we can replace some of our custom programming
with standard functionality if that one works out.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jim Sauceman ...................... sauceman at tennessee.edu
University of Tennessee