System.GenericInstantiate vs. CREATE OBJECT

Robert van den Berg rvdb99 at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 07:27:35 EDT 2003

In earlier forum replies, the use of System.GenericInstantiate was
discussed.
I examined and tested this method (with an object-type and object-key), and
when I test it, it works fine, but in a workflow, it doesn't return an
object.

In the method, it uses the SWC_CREATE_OBJECT statement.
What is the difference between "SWC_CREATE_OBJECT" and the "CREATE OBJECT"
statement. The latter works fine (creates an object and I can fill the key
attribute).

THNX