Locking errors in WM (TX LT06)

Weaver, Karen Karen.Weaver at Sonopress.com
Tue Mar 18 10:09:00 EST 2003

I just did this same workflow.  I had a different issue than you, but I
solved it with a temporary error.  Could you test for the lock out situation
and, if yes, set a temporary error?  SWWERRE will run and retry that WI
again.

It worked for me.

Karen Weaver

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan R Keohan [mailto:skeohan at mit.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 9:12 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Locking errors in WM (TX LT06)

Hi Workflow-ers,

We are on 4.6c, Basis Support Package 39 for 4.6C.

I have written a workflow which does a goods movement (via BAPI) and
performs a
BDC for the subsequent creation of a transfer order, via LT06.  This
workflow
completes successfully when called once or twice, or multiple times in
sequence.

The problem arises when multiple instances (say 10 or 20) of this workflow
are
kicked off simultaneously.  Then we encounter error L3 145 (storage location
is
locked).  (Business note: All these goods movements and transfer orders use
the
same storage location) OSS refers to a correction for this error, but we are
past that support pack.  I have opened a message with SAP on the locking
error,
but...

To me this is ridiculous, because we really don't do 'Warehouse Management'
here, and I am sure that there are lots of real 'Warehouse Management'
implementations out there that do the real stuff.

Is there a better way to get around this error ?  We have tried trapping for
the
specific error number, and then re-trying the BDC, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
Sue