Locking errors in WM (TX LT06)

Susan R Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Tue Mar 18 09:11:33 EST 2003

Hi Workflow-ers,

We are on 4.6c, Basis Support Package 39 for 4.6C.

I have written a workflow which does a goods movement (via BAPI) and performs a
BDC for the subsequent creation of a transfer order, via LT06.  This workflow
completes successfully when called once or twice, or multiple times in sequence.

The problem arises when multiple instances (say 10 or 20) of this workflow are
kicked off simultaneously.  Then we encounter error L3 145 (storage location is
locked).  (Business note: All these goods movements and transfer orders use the
same storage location) OSS refers to a correction for this error, but we are
past that support pack.  I have opened a message with SAP on the locking error,
but...

To me this is ridiculous, because we really don't do 'Warehouse Management'
here, and I am sure that there are lots of real 'Warehouse Management'
implementations out there that do the real stuff.

Is there a better way to get around this error ?  We have tried trapping for the
specific error number, and then re-trying the BDC, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
Sue