When a PR changed in the middle of workflow..

Carolyn Fuller fuller at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 14 11:33:42 EST 2003

Chris & Tomasz,

SignificantlyChanged is raised if the release strategy is changed.

Below is what I found on the web when I was researching this very
topic. Our problem at MIT is that each set of approvers don't
constitute a different release strategy. Therefore,
SignificantlyChanged, does not work for us. I will be exploring
another option soon.

==================== From SAP Online Help ================

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/33/4c9a34272a5f2ee10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

> From this web page:

In the following, we discuss what happens when a purchase requisition
for which the release procedure has already commenced is changed. The
following possible situations may arise:

     * Changes that do not necessitate a different release strategy

     * Significant changes necessitating a different release strategy

Since the first case does not necessitate another release strategy,
it will not be discussed further here. For more information, refer to
Changes After the Start of the Release Procedure:
(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/75/ee153255c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm)

Significant change

The number of Pcs requested for Asset 3221 is increased to 5. As a
result, the total value of the requisition item increases to $12,300.
It is not possible to simply go ahead and make this change. The
system issues a message; the release strategy must be re-determined
(TF) and the release procedure restarted from the beginning.

If the change is significant, the right-hand path in the graphic
would thus be taken, and the workflow terminated due to the
occurrence of an event external to the workflow process. This has the
following consequences:

     * If the requisition has already been released for the issue of
an RFQ or a PO, it is blocked again by the application and must be
processed in accordance with the new release strategy.

     * If a work item was generated, it is no longer visible in the
processor's SAP Business Workplace inbox.

> From the second web page:

Changes After the Start of the Release Procedure

The following cases can arise when a purchase requisition or external
purchasing document for which the release procedure has already
started is changed:

     * Case 1:
     * Insignificant change that does not necessitate a different
release strategy.
     * Case 2:
     * Relevant change that does not necessitate a different release strategy.
     * Case 3:
     * Relevant change that necessitates a different release strategy

In each case, the system issues a message to the user after the
change has been made.

Case 1

Instead of 10 tons of Steel 1 at a total price of $100, only 8 tons
are needed, at a total price of $80.
This subsequent change to the document is possible.
The release procedure continues uninterrupted.

Case 2

A user has the authorization for purchase orders valued between
$1,000 and $120,000. Release strategy FS is assigned in this case.

The user has ordered 10 cameras at a price of $1000 each. The release
procedure has already started and the release indicator 01 (free for
issue of RFQ) has been set.

The settings made in Customizing for Purchasing for release indicator
01 are such that the system will issue a warning message if the
original PO value is exceeded by more than 50%.

The user then changes the PO to 100 cameras, causing the PO value to
increase by more than 50%. The system reassigns release strategy FS
and issues the warning message. The user has the following options:

     * Correct the PO, so that the percentage is not exceeded. The
release procedure then continues.
     * No correction to PO. The system then cancels the previous
releases and the release procedure starts all over again from the
beginning.

Case 3

An electron beam welding machine assigned to project A is to be
subsequently reassigned to cost center 3. Again, it is not possible
to simply go ahead and make this change. The system will issue an
error message. Either the change must be cancelled, or the release
strategy redetermined and the approval procedure restarted.

end of SAP documentation.

--

"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try, no hell below us,
above us only sky, Imagine all the people, living for today." John

Carolyn Fuller                               M.I.T.
fuller at mit.edu                       Financial Systems Services
http://www.mit.edu/people/fuller/    Senior Analyst/ Programmer Peer Leader
fax (617) 253-9661                    voice (617) 253-6213
W92-210