Components that do NOT work with workflow

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Thu Mar 13 01:26:18 EST 2003

Abby,

as the workflow system is a part of the SAP Basis, you can run it in any
application that builds on Basis (R/3, BW, PLM, EHS,  SEM, CRM -- but not
Mobile Sales Client!).

Deciding whether it makes sense or not should depend rather on your
application requirements. You've mentioned BW: in the earlier releases of BW
(up until 2.1) it made perfect sense to use workflow to inform someone that
data loads failed (e.g. system administrator who receives an SMS when the
load fails). Now this type of functionality is also provided directly in the
BW load management, but I'm sure you'd still find some interesting uses.

The same applies to all the other systems. At least the scenarios in which
someone is notified when a system event occurs (e.g. interface failed etc)
still make very much sense.

Kind regards,
Tomasz