Using FM with CHARxx Parameters in a Method

Thad Gorbal Thaddeus.Gorbal at pb.com
Fri Mar 7 12:04:47 EST 2003

Hi All:

I am implementing a function module to a method under ZVBRK.  Unfortunately
that FM has several parameters defined as TYPE  'CHARxx'   (where xx stands
for a number of characters).  Those parameters are for passing back
literals, needed for my PC document creation step.

When I attempt to create a method, I get an error message 'Data type CHARxx
cannot be used for methods'.

I am not sure how to best approach it. One way would be to create a custom
structure with all the necessary fields, as far as length is concern.  And
then use it for the function parameters as a references.

However, I would hope there is a better and quicker way to tackle this one.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best regards,
Thad