Transporting 'Overwrite originals' option. Where? 4.6c

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Thu Mar 6 16:33:52 EST 2003

I made a rookie mistake months ago. I 'Modified' a WF Task on our xQ0 (QA) client
that was transported from our xD0 (Dev) client. It asked me for a transport so I created one
on the xQ0 box. The transports moved to our xP0 (Production) client without error but did not overwrite
the task in the xQ0 client. No errors in Transport log, but did not fix some binding errors. Dead WF!

Personal note to self: don't do it again! Lesson learned so don't throw rocks me...Please!

Questions:
Will 'deleting' the transport on xQ0 remove the locks and allow the new transport to overwrite?

>From a post on this list, I read about a transport option 'Overwrite originals' that I believe
is supposed to basically do the same thing. Yes?
If so, where is this option. I can't seem to find it.

Also, will I have to use this option every time I transport that task?
Will I still have to delete the transport on xQ0 to remove the locks?
If I delete the transport, will I have to use the 'Overwrite originals' option?
Or am I just hosed!

Thanks!
Rick Sample
Graybar Inc.