Triggering BUS2009 events (purchase requisitions)

Carolyn Fuller fuller at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 1 20:22:59 EST 2003

Amit,

This brings me full circle back to where I was in late January. BAMF
is the change document object for purchase requisitions, BUS2105. I
need a change document object for purchase requisition items, BUS2009.

Someone mentioned that I could do this through transaction SWED with
a new reference structure and function module. Before I found out how
to do this someone else was recommending status management.

I just tried SWEC. It wouldn't allow me to use BANF at all, even for
BUS2105. All of the events associated with BUS2105, which are the
same ones associated with BUS2009, require a parameter (release
strategy), which is not available when a change document is created.

The error message reads:

"These parameters are not assigned values when an event is created when a
change document is written or when status changes are made."

It looks like change documents aren't available for the same reason
that status management isn't available.

Argh, so close and yet so far away.

Carolyn