Double Workitems or Events Created

Smith, Cassaundra Cassaundra.Smith at anheuser-busch.com
Mon Jun 16 18:01:44 EDT 2003

I have a custom workflow and a totally custom business object which is triggered
via a custom dialog program by the function module SWE_EVENT_CREATE.  The event
queue is being used for this event linkage.  This workflow has been live and
working for over two years without incident.  No changes have been made to this
workflow in the last six months.  All of a sudden today our users stated that
they were getting two workitems in their SAP inboxes for the same workflow
instance.  It does not occur consistently  - just some instances have two
workitems being created.  I turned on the event trace in our production system
and triggered the workflow the way the users trigger it(via dialog program).  I
saw the event when it went to the event queue and there was only one event
there.  Once the event queue batch program ran and delivered the event, the
event left the queue, and only one workitem was created.  What I did not see is
the info on this event in the event trace.  Are events that have queueing turned
on not logged in event trace when the trace is activated?  More importantly, has
anyone ever ran into this issue where the event is raised twice or the two
workflow instances are kicked off.   This custom business object is not used for
any other workflows.  There is only one entry in event linkage table.

Please Advise, we are running SAP 4.6C.

Casey