SAP MAPI provider and performance in SAP R/3

Jaeger, Carsten (Calgary) Carsten_Jaeger at nexeninc.com
Tue Jun 10 12:52:02 EDT 2003

We have been using SAP MAPI through MS Outlook for approximately 1.5 =
years.  Although it works for the most part, there are some problems.  =
There are conflicts when using on a machine where user has a RIM =
Blackberry (most of our executives).  We are moving to Windows XP and =
there is no guaranteed support for MAPI with the new version of Outlook.

SAP is moving away from this method of communicating workflows and at =
the May 2003 ASUG, it was strongly suggested that companies look for an =
alternative.

We will be instructing our users to use SAP Business Workplace for now =
(yes, they will have to log into SAP), but we will be sending them a =
reminder via Outlook once or twice a week if they have work items that =
need to be processed.

Eventually the plan is to use Portal technology in R3 Enterprise to =
deliver the workitems.  HTH.  cj