Advise about use of events

Breslavets, Sergey Sergey.Breslavets at anheuser-busch.com
Mon Jun 9 14:48:03 EDT 2003

Hi Robert,

since the workflow starting conditions are checked after the event creation,
it's logged in the system. It shows you that the event was triggered and the
receiver could not be started because the start conditions were not met.
This is not bad and, on contrary, it can be useful to you to analyze your
processes.

The only drawback of this is that the event is still being raised, which
consumes certain system resources (work processes). If it gets triggered with
significantly higher frequency then receivers are started you might want to
consider checking conditions before the event is raised - can make your system a
little more efficient... e.g. if you trigger event on each PO change but start
receivers only when certain fields are changed, you can evaluate which field is
changed before triggering the event to not even raise it if conditions are not
met. (Here I'm assuming that the event does not trigger other receivers with
different start conditions).

Thanks,
Sergey