Using org. structure based agent assignment - Question 2

Mark Kuckuk markkuckuk at pcmc.com
Sun Jun 1 20:17:21 EDT 2003

Experts,

What are the limits to assigning possible agents in the Production System?
I am currently faced with the same dilemma where the Development and
Production systems contain different organizational structures. We had
planned to assigned organizational units in the production system once the
Workflow is transported. I am second-guessing myself now.

Example - A user decision has three Organizational Units assigned in the
Development system. Additionally, this decision is resolved by a standard
role at runtime. Once transported to TST, we noticed that the agent
assignment was missing. After deliberating on how to Transport the agent
assignment, our SAP-HR types warned us against transporting any Org
Structure changes as there may be some interference with HR tables in PRD.

Therefore, we had planned to assign the possible agents in PRD. Is this
practice problematic?

Mark Kuckuk
SAP-PLM Track Lead
Paper Converting Machine Company