Expert Help reqd Urgently- wf with external system

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE jeroen.vanderburg at shell.com
Mon Jul 28 07:33:19 EDT 2003

Hi Sunni,

Can't you just upload the file into SAP and do your check in there? Then =
you only need a simple WS_upload call and not the  RFC to a local =
service. Guess it all depends on how difficult the check on the data is, =
but when the check is relatively simple I would select this option as it =
is much simpler.=20

Preferably I would have the outside program generate a flat file on your =
SAP server with a workflow indicator already in it and have this =
uploaded by a regular job which can trigger workflow if the indicator is =
set to 'on'; this way you avoid any dependency on human beings. These =
kind of local uploads (which need to be triggered locally) tend to be =
forgotten quite quickly and thus require constant system administrator =
attention to be succesful in the long run.

Regards,

Jeroen