Deleting unnecessary workitems

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Jul 25 11:41:58 EDT 2003

Hi Jason,=20
Indeed, I was one of those individuals you indirectly refer to... I've as=
ked on how to do a 'mass logically delete'. The answer is pretty much a D=
IY solution with a custom ABAP calling SWW_WI_ADMIN_CANCEL. You may have =
an equivalent SAP_WAPI... FM available, depending on version.=20
Cheers
Mike

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:28:38AM -0500, Ford, Jason (CAG-CC) wrote:
> Sue,
>=20
> Very true....SWW_SARA is the preferred way to remove workitems.  It doe=
s render a follow up question though...and I'm sure its been asked before=
 with the obvious answer is slipping my mind. =20
>=20
> >From what I can recall SWW_SARA only works for workitems which are in =
status 'COMPLETED' or 'LOGICALLY DELETED'.  What if you have a large numb=
er of unintentionally triggered and unwanted workitems in status 'READY'?=
  In order to use SWW_SARA for those you would need to convert each to st=
atus 'LOGICALLY DELETED'.  Is there a way to mass convert those without h=
aving to go into each workitem individually?
>=20
> Thanks,
> Jason
>=20
the workitems you want to delete by agent, task, time, etc.  Feel free to=
 execute the tran with your criteria...since upon initial execution it on=
ly provides a list of workitems.  From there you select the ones you actu=
ally want to delete.