Role using Responsibility Rule ?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jul 24 19:25:14 EDT 2003

I think you are perhaps a little confused about the relationship between workflow steps and agents.

A responsibility rule is a way to *find* the agent for a workflow step.  And yes they are terrific for doing that. I'm glad you like them - I also think they are the bee's knees!

However, if you have *already found* the agent, and have the agent id(s) sitting in a workflow container element of the relevant type (such as WFSYST-AGENT, WFSYST-INITIATOR, RHOBJECTS-OBJECTID, etc. - single or multiline), then in your workflow step you simply use the EXPRESSION option to point to that container element, instead of the rule option.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Jocelyn Dart.
SAP Australia.