Approval Workflow (for object type BUS2094)

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Jul 23 19:19:16 EDT 2003

Hi Sascha,=20
Of course you can use responsibility rules for multi-level approval =
scenarios - you can have as many criteria as you like and it supports =
ranges. Plus you can assign multiple agents to your criteria =
combinations. So I don't quite see your problem.=20

If the thresholds are different in different areas of the business then =
you could use an additional parameter, e.g. "level" to decide which =
level threshold you want to use.  You just need to call the rule again =
for the various steps.=20

E.g.=20
Level   1
Value   0-5K Euro
Assigned to department manager

Level   2
Value   5001-25000
Assigned to area manager

Level   3
Value   25001 - 99999999
Assigned to area manager + business manager

I suspect your problem is not the rule, but how to dynamically decide =
how many levels/steps you need to process for a particular object =
instance.=20

That's a completely different issue from rule resolution. Is that your =
situation?
Regards,
Jocelyn Dart.=20