Workflow Escalation Delay

Pollock, Lynda aumelopst39 at kpmg.com.au
Mon Jul 21 20:53:39 EDT 2003

Hi Workflow Users,

            I hope you can help me with my query

            We have set up a Purchasing Approval Workflow which consists of
1st and 2nd Level Approvers. Where the Purchase Order is not approved within
24 hours - it
            should escalate to the 2nd Level Approver. We have added some
coding which means that on Escalation (differently than standard) - the Work
Items remain
            in the 1st Level Approvers In-Box but also escalates to the 2nd
Level Approvers In-Box.

            What seems to be happening is that the Workflow correctly sends
the Work Items to the 1st Level Approvers In-Box. Somehow, however
overnight, these
            items disappear from the 1st level Approvers In-Box and only
return when the Escalation is triggered at 24 hours after the Purchase Order
was created.

            So, for eg, a PO is created at 1pm (12/07) and at 9am (13/07) it
is missing from the In-Box but at 1pm (13/07) it re-appears.

            We considered whether there was a background job running for
WF-BATCH which was very slow but it does not seem so. I can see there are a
few OSS
            notes on program RSSWWERRE - I am not sure if this program is
relevant

            Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

            Thanks for your help

            Lynda

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter. If you have received this Email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or telephone +61 2 93357000 and destroy the original message. Thank You.