false triggering of events in workflow

Bruce Miller Bruce_Miller at esri.com
Mon Jul 21 15:55:20 EDT 2003

I have a workflow that sends a message to certain individuals when change
events are triggered for fields in materials (mara).

This was working until I modified the triggering event "division_change" so
that it shows the old and new division numbers.
It works fine when a division change is triggered but "division_change"
also triggers when fields are changed in materials other than division.

When a division changes the old and new numbers are there in the message.
When the "division_change" is triggered by something else the division
message is there without the numbers.

I looked in all the other trigger events but didn't't see anything that
would trigger "division_change" .

Bruce Miller
Systems analyst
ESRI