Authorizations for Role Resolution

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Thu Jul 3 08:56:22 EDT 2003

Thanks Paraj, Phil, Jocelyn, and Mark.

In our case, we have decided to give the users the authorizations required (Basis, not structural,
although I have no doubt those will come to bite us later on) so that we do not have to de-select
the "Advance with Dialog', when this is a real feature that we might want to use.

While I do understand the problem, and also how to get around it, it seems to me from reading some
OSS notes that SAP is trying to fix this 'feature' (notes 401829, 308679, for example, although
these refer to background steps, the symptoms appear to be related).  Does anyone know if I am
correct in assuming that SAP is trying to do this ?  It would be a great relief to know in the
future that this feature would be eliminated.

Thanks again,
Sue

PS: Thanks also to Phil for helping people learn to fish (through the archives!)

--
Susan R. Keohan
SAP Workflow Developer
skeohan at mit.edu