Re-Initiating and Substitution WF

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Jul 1 02:22:21 EDT 2003

Hi Maorriyan,
It shouldn't be a SAPGUI issue.

It could be a version problem - the old work items should still be using the old version and the new work items the new version provided you correctly created and transported the new version.  If you just overrode the old version then that would definitely cause problems or if you made workflow container changes the container is not version-dependent and that could be contributing to the problem.

You use your usual workflow administration tools to retrigger workflows in error - such as transaction SWPR.  If your work items are not actually in error, you  may need to use the change function in the technical view of the work item to correct the container and complete them manually, or use the transaction SWIA execute without agent check function to execute the work items on your user's behalf.

It might be worthwhile getting your local SAP Workflow consultant to assist if you are still having problems or to help put together a better change management process that avoids these sorts of problems in the first place.  Some customers prefer to copy and create a new workflow rather than use versions where changes are significant.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book