Forwarding to approver based on personnel no.

Verma Ashish (TTL_LKO) ashish at telco.co.in
Thu Jan 30 04:33:40 EST 2003

Hi,

We are trying a scenario which is similar to the one discussed long time
back.

1. A Leave request is created through Business connector with absence create
bapi. Validation is done on Personnel number.
2. An RFC user is used to make connection to R/3.
3. When Leave request form is submitted the Absence record is getting
created in R/3 and workflow is getting initiated.
4. Now the problem is that how to forward this leave request to the manager
for approval. as the _wf_initiator is coming as the RFC user which makes
connection to R/3.

the manager is a sap user. Only the employee who is entering the leave entry
is not a sap user.

I would very much appreciate your input as to how to find the manager based
on personnel number of the user who is submitting the leave request instead
of rfc user.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards

Ashish