Deleting workitems

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Tue Jan 28 05:50:30 EST 2003

Greetings,
Using report RSWWWIDE to delete work items, there's an option to 'Delete
log data as well'.
Now, I can't actually think of a scenario where one would want to delete
work items, but not the log, or am I missing something? If I don't have
the WI anymore, I wouldn't be interested in the log, right?

Also, what exactly is the difference between the history and the log? If
I were to go and delete an entire flow, yet leave the log unchecked, and
not run the delete history (RSWWHIDE) first, would I end up populating
my database with unaccessible useless log entries?

I know I can achieve the desired effect by running both jobs with the
correct parameters, but just curious as to the potential dangers of
'orphaned' data as I've picked up on a few dangers in using these jobs.

Cheers
Mike