Creating a new change document object

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Mon Jan 27 06:41:24 EST 2003

Hi Carolyn,

Raising an event via function module always works, you just have to make the right choice of FM for the occasion.. look for SWE_EVENT_CREATE_* in the function builder, there are several ones, depending on whether you want to raise the event from a dialog task, or whether you're already in the update task, etc.. also, you have to take into account where the commit work is handled.. in your own program, you might have to commit explicitly, in transactions you must not commit yourself, the standard processing will take care of it.. but don't despair, finding the right FM takes some practice, and often enough that means practice in trial and error :-)

Greetings,
Stephan