URGENT - Agent Reserves a work item (Decision Task)

Namit Bhargava namit.bhargava at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 23 09:41:30 EST 2003

I have a work flow in which the first step is a Decision Task. So the agent
(one of many) clicks on the workitem - takes no action and presses "Cancel
And Keep Work Item in Inbox" - this is done because that individual does
not want to take any action on that specific work item.

Now the work item status changes from "Ready" to "In Progress" - should it
not remain in "Ready" status?

Due to this - the work item now is only in the in-box of that individual.

I know that he/she can replace it to make it available to all other agents.

Is this how this decision task is supposed to work - why does it change the
status to In Progress even when the user has clicked Cancel and has taken
no action?

Any solutions?
Thanks
Namit Bhargava